Monday, May 31, 2010

Light Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Light Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe

We made this yesterday, so yummy. I found this in a taste of home magazine! I used fat free sour cream. And next time I think I might double the streusel since you use it in the middle and on the top!! And I am wondering if I could use apple sauce ( or apple butter) instead of butter?Next time!!

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream ( I used fat free)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt ( I used low fat)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

STREUSEL:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Directions
In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients. Spoon half of batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with half of streusel. Top with remaining batter and streusel. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Yield: 20 servings.


No comments: