Monday, June 1, 2009

Dutch Oven Potatoes to Die For

In my house these potatoes are a must at a BBQ!! The go great with steak or chicken. I'm sure they would work with anything. I am a huge fan of dutch ovens. You can put the stuff in it and forget about it. I just flip over one of my cookie sheets cover with aluminum foil and put your coals and dutch oven on top of it!!




Use different kinds of potatoes sliced ¼ inch thick (I like to combine red and golden and regular potatoes together).
2 medium onions chopped.
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
¼ cup butter
1 Tbs. fresh or dried chives
1-2 tsp. seasoning salt
½ tsp. pepper

Line Dutch Oven with foil ( i hardly do this, i just spray with pam)– toss the potatoes with ¾ of the cheddar and ¾ of the mozzarella, and the parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.
Top with bacon, butter and chives. Also salt and pepper.
No liquid
Bake covered 1 hour then sprinkle with remaining cheese.

enjoy!!!!!

1 comment:

Ryan & Amanda said...

Oh that sounds soo good, I will definitely have to try it!