Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cori's Favorite Rice

Really I'm not to sure when My name became involved in the name of this recipe but for as long as I can remember it has been called this and I love this rice. My mom always made it with meatloaf, and now so do I. I love the fact that you can put both the meatloaf and rice in the oven at the same time!!! My sister Laura isn't so big on the meatloaf so she makes it with barbecued chicken. Whatever you make with it, it so yummy!!!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

3 cans of Campbell's beef broth ( 10.5 oz)
3 cans of Campbell's beef consomme (10.5 oz)
3 heaping cups of rice
1 onion chopped
4 tablespoons of butter ( slice it and let it float around on the top)

Mix all together in a 9x13 pan, dot with butter last. Cover and bake for 1 hour.

You can make a smaller recipe, 2 cans of each soup and 2 cups of rice, or even go down to one. But this rice is also great the next day as left overs for lunch.

This recipe also works good in a dutch oven. We have done a few times while camping. So yummy!!!! Enjoy

No comments: