Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Menu Monday's Erin a day late

So last week we had family in town, which was super fun. While cooking the turkey for our turkey sandwiches, I realized that my oven was over and done with. When I took the turkey out the element in my oven was glowing in just one spot and sparking, luckily the turkey was done, and a friend let me cook the rolls for the sandwiches at her house. There had been other issues with our stove and I knew that the days of our stove were limited but I didn't realize it would be this soon. So with an out of order oven, I've had to be a little creative on the cooking, especially since we haven't had a bbq since our move when a piece got left behind almost 3 years ago. So I'm going to be using my crockpot all week, so we didn't have to go and buy the first oven we saw.

Monday - hot dogs we had left over from a family bbq
Tuesday - Lemon and Herb Chicken
Wednesday - Salsa and Black Bean Soup
Thursday - Chili Verde
Friday - Left Overs
Saturday - Pizza (we have our babysitting co-op at our place)
Sunday - Chicken Fajitas

1 comment:

Cori said...

I totally forgot. thanks for reminding me to get mine up!!

we actually have had the lemon and herb chicken. I bought her cookbook awhile ago and since our church is now at 1 pm I like to put stuff in the crockpot to have done when we get home. This was super yummy. We ate it with roasted asparagus and potatoes and gravy. The gravy was supper yummy I liked the lemony flavor to it!! Good luck with the oven issue. hopefully you guys can get one soon!