Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Mondays - Heather

This is a great idea, Cori! I always plan my meals a week at a time...I just don't know how to function at dinnertime otherwise, and we end up eating out. Todd's family is great at just whipping up something tasty out of whatever they have on hand, but I'm horrible at this. I'm too much of a perfectionist, so I can't just leave one ingredient out if I don't have it. Okay, there's my plug for menu planning! :) This is my first attempt at links, so I'm sorry if they don't work, but I'll post my menu anyway because maybe it will at least be good for ideas. :) Here are my plans for the week:

Monday - Spaghetti (nothing fancy...we're babysitting two additional kids, so it's gonna be a hectic "add some ground beef to Ragu" kind of night)

Tuesday - White Chicken Chili

Wednesday - Grilled Sweet and Sour Pork Chops/ wild rice/ sauteed zucchini

Thursday - Tossball practice and Todd has meetings every Thursday this month, so the kids will probably have corn dogs and I'll have a Boca burger. Raw veggies on the side.

Friday - Young Women's Fundraiser Auction/Dinner

Saturday- Date Night

Sunday - Tea's Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Bake

2 comments:

Cori said...

Heather thanks for participating. I never know if the effort I put into this blog is worth it. Or if I am just doing post for myself. And I am glad you figured out the links!! My hubby loves white chili so I cant wait to try it!!

Heather said...

Yes...I'm finally smart enough to figure out links! I'm sadly technologically challenged. I remember laughing inwardly at those older ladies in Relief Society who could never seem to figure out how to work a VCR. Now I'm becoming one of them. Serves me right!

We love this chili, but it's a lighter recipe, so I like to stir in a couple of TBS of fat-free sour cream (I only like the "Naturally Yours" brand...it looks like a cow pattern on the outside) to make it richer with hardly any added calories or fat. I also prefer mine without cheese (strange, since usually I love anything with cheese) and with a few baked tortilla chips crushed and stirred into it. I also usually double the batch and substitute black beans for half of the white beans. Hmmm...I should probably add all of that to the actual recipe...gonna go do that now. :) Tell Colin I said congratulations on graduation! That's wonderful! Do you have any plans now? Please tell me they include moving back to Kent! :)