Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Mondays

If you are like me you hate dinner time.  It's not the cooking part cause I actually love cooking and exploring new things, its the whole " whats for dinner" part.  I always have the hardest time figuring out what to fix.  And most of the time I start thinking about it too late to do anything nice.  And many times my sister and I will call to figure out what the other is fixing. Now we have both done menu planning on and off for years.  But I got out of the habit when I was pregnant, which looking back now that is probably when I need a planned out menu the most. It would of helped my hubbers alot when that last thing i wanted to do was think of food.  Now that my tiny sweet pea is here, and the morning sickness is long gone ( good riddance).  We are back full swing into our menu planning.  about 2 weeks ago we sat down and planned our menu mostly using stuff that we already had.



It has been so nice to already know what we are having the next night.  It makes me love dinner time again.  Not to mention it always seems to save us money and time at the grocery store!!  I was lucky enough this year to have 2 great calendars, one I made of our family then my sister made a Family one.  So one is for all the things going on and the other one is hanging up in my cupboard door with our menu, right next to my fav.  pizza/ bread-stick recipe!!

Don't you just love the  picture of my brother and sister in law in their Halloween  costumes!!


 So now I am thinking why not have menu Mondays each week on this blog, which will help us all to be better prepared each week.  Lets see if we can't help each other out.  Every Monday lets each take 5 minutes and post our menu for the week.  If you have a link to a recipe include that or if its a recipe from a cookbook tell us which one!!   And if we see something on someones menu that we might like to try lets ask for the recipe!!  What do you think?  Should we give it a try?  


I'll go first, although you can see in the pictures what We are having for the whole month!!  Here is what we have planned for the week!

Monday- left overs from our yummy Easter dinner
Tuesday-  meatloaf and my favorite brown rice
Wednesday- Chicken Alfredo with Homemade garlic bread-sticks ( I just have to look on my cupboard door!!)  
* cook roast for enchiladas next day*
Thursday- Amanda's enchiladas and spanish rice
Friday- sloppy joes, pasta salad  - we will have a ton of people here for the Mr. graduation and sloppy joes are easy to fix in huge quantaties, and if it doesn't get eaten freezes really well!
Saturday-   Breakfast- hash brown breakfast casserole in crockpot ( make it fast cook it slow cookbook pg. 51)
                  Dinner-  out to eat with family to celebrate!!
Sunday- Rotisserie style chicken, mash potatoes,gravy

All right that is it for me, lets see your menus!!

No comments: