Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Creamy Italian Chicken

I love this recipe but don't make it very often due to the richness/high calorie content.

WW points for entire recipe - 85 (YIKES!)
Serves 8
WW points/ serving - 11 (don't forget to factor in what you serve it over!)

2lbs. chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup if you buy the brick from costco)
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package of cream cheese

Turn slow cooker on high. Add butter. When butter has melted, stir in the dry Italian dressing mix. Add cubed chicken and mix to coat. Cook on high for 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through (this only took my slow cooker 1 hour last time I made this).
Once chicken is done, remove from slow cooker, leaving butter Italian dressing mix in slow cooker. Add soup and cream cheese, stirring until creamy. Stir in chicken.
At this point I usually turn my cooker down to low and let it sit until I'm ready to serve. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles. Our favorite is rice!

No comments: