Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Symphony Bar Fudge

I'll post another later, but I'm on my way out the door and this is my quickest one to type up.
This is a recipe I got from a lady in my previous ward. Every time I make it for the holidays I always get people commenting on it. I've also had someone say it's better than someone's fudge who they know that considered themselves to be a great fudge maker.


Symphony Bar Fudge

2 c. heavy cream
4 c. sugar
3 King Size Symphony bars (the one's with almonds and toffee, but if you don't like that you could use plain, also at my local store they usually have the medium sized ones on sale, so just use somewhere between 24-25 oz.)
1 c. butter, softened (real butter on this one)

Mix together cream and sugar. Bring to a boil. Boil until soft ball stage.
Mix together butter and chocolate bars that have been broken up in a big bowl.
Pour cream and sugar mixture over butter and chocolate. Stir until glossy. Pour into a greased 9x13 and refrigerate.

1 comment:

Heather said...

This sounds delicious! My husband loves symphony bars. Sounds dangerous, but we'll have to try it this Christmas time when we have a good excuse to give a lot of it away!! ;)