Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sweet Pulled Pork

For those of you that like Costa Vida or places like that and their sweet pulled pork, here you go. When I first tried it I wasn't sure how well it compared (but then again I had never ate their meat plain), once I made a salad out of it, I won't be spending that kind of money going out to buy one, unless someone else is paying.

Sweet Pulled Pork

3-5 lbs. pork roast (bone in or boneless it doesn't matter, I used a picnic butt roast I think, with the bone in because it was on sale for SUPER cheap)
1 c. salsa
1 c. packed brown sugar

Place ingredients in a greased crock pot. Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours. Shred meat with a fork or potato masher before serving. Use meat in salads, burritos, or tacos.

A side note my baby brother used to work at Costa Vida and he said they put Coke in theirs, so I think next time I make it I'll a can of Coke in the crock pot with it.

I also have a good salad dressing that is pretty comparable to Costa Vida's that I'll post on a upcoming salad week.

No comments: