Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spaghetti Bake

This recipe is not so good for you, but it is so good. I love to make 2 and freeze 1. I have a picky eater in my house who will not eat anything with sauce, but he will eat this--so I guess he is at least getting some tomatoes!

Cook 16 oz. thin spaghetti according to directions. (I like using the whole wheat spaghetti that you can get from Costco)

Make white sauce:

3 Tbsp. butter, melted

4 Tbsp. flour

1 tsp. salt

dash onion powder

2 pints heavy cream

1 c. milk

Make red sauce:

½ Italian Sausage (mild or hot) and ½ ground beef (probably 2 lbs. total)

2 15 oz. cans Prego Italian style pasta sauce

1 8 oz. can tomato sauce

1 4 oz. can mushrooms (or fresh)

dash of onion salt

Place cooked spaghetti in 9x13 pan

Pour white sauce over spaghetti

Top with ¾ cup Parmesan cheese

Pour red sauce over cheese

Top with another ¾ c. Parmesan cheese

Bake 350 for 30 minutes uncovered


No comments: