Thursday, May 14, 2009

Peanut Butter Fingers

These have been my favorite since elementary school! They are delicious! The only problem is that you may eat the whole pan yourself (I have probably come close quite a few times).

1/2 lb. margarine
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. white sugar
1 1/4 c. flour
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 c. oats
2 eggs
1 c. peanut butter
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Either chocolate chips or extra peanut butter and chocolate frosting

Mix butter (margarine), sugar, eggs, peanut butter, soda, salt, and vanilla. Stir in flour and oats. Spread on greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes. It will be just turning brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips OR as I like them let the bars cool a little bit, heat up some extra peanut butter so it spreads easily and spread a thin layer of pb on bars. Then after they cool spread on chocolate frosting.

1 comment:

Cori said...

I just made these Wednesday for enrichment, I had to email 6 ladies the recipe. They were a hit. I put the layer of peanut butter on top then some chocolate frosting. Love them!!!