Friday, May 22, 2009

Moons Pizza Dough

My mom has been making this pizza dough for as long as I can remember!! This is one of my great memories growing up. My mom always made a bunch of dough then we would each get to pick a pan (usually a round cake pan, or an 8x8 ) and make our own pizzas. My mom would have all the topping in bowls lined up and we would just make our own creations and do weird designs so we could tell who's was who's in the oven!!!! We make it in our kitchen aid turns out great!!!


Moon’s pizza dough

2 tablespoons active dry yeast
2 cups warm water
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons oil (vegetable or olive oil)
4 ½ -6 ½ cups flour

Mix water, sugar and yeast together, let stand for 5 minutes. Add salt, oil, and 4 cups of flour. Knead together for 2 minutes. Add remaining flour ½ cup at a time if needed. We like the dough really soft. After you have the desired amount of flour in, Knead for 5 more minutes. Cover and let rise until doubled. Punch down. Grease pizza pans (this recipe make 2 large cookie sheet pizzas, or a bunch of small individual pizzas) spread dough out onto pan. Poke holes in the dough before you put any toppings on to prevent air bubbles. Top with desired sauce and toppings. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 -20 minutes!!

enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love the memory that goes with the recipe! I have wanted to start a pizza night tradition and the separate pans is a great idea! I am excited to try this one!