Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Favorite Alfredo Sauce-Ever!

So here is my favorite alfredo sauce. I have tried so many recipes (seriously probably at least 10) and although some were okay, I didn't LOVE any of them. This one is by far the best one so far!
1 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
1/2 c. romano cheese (I didn't have this so I subbed parmesan)
6 egg yolks from jumbo eggs (I used extra large)
salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste

Heat milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it begins to simmer. Turn off heat. Slowly whip in cheese, then remove from heat. Combine the egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture. Slowly add egg yolk mixture back into cream mixture. Place back on very low heat and continually stir until simmering. Take sauce off heat so it thickens. (This will increase temperature of egg yolks, or temper them). Season with salt and pepper and I like to add some onion powder and a tiny bit of garlic powder. Serve with your favorite pasta. Happy Eating

No comments: